Hi Kevin,

I haven't quite got my head round what MoL's Beasts of London is (whether it's put on a headset or an actual exhibition, but either way it looks massive fun)

https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/museum-london/whats-on/exhibitions/beastsoflondon

and British Library sent me this one the other day:

Imaginary Cities

Fri 5 Apr – Sun 14 Jul 2019

Discover how our increasingly digital world could change the future of collections. This exhibition features a newly-commissioned body of work showcasing fantastical cityscapes created by artist in residence Michael Takeo Magruder. Traditional materials combine with cutting–edge digital technologies to remix images and live data from the Library's digital collection of historic urban maps into fictional cityscapes for the Information Age.

Explore four technology-based art installations, exclusively created using images and metadata of 19th-century city maps. Each artwork combines contemporary digital technologies and traditional analogue processes. Algorithmically generated imagery and real-time virtual environments are used next to precious metal gilding and historical woodworking techniques. Shown alongside maps from our digital archive and original source books, the exhibition highlights how the Library is not simply a repository of knowledge, but a storehouse of creative potential that is constantly generating new avenues for culture.

Hope that's helpful!

Kate

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg