From: Metamorphic Studies Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of SOMDIPTA CHATTERJEE <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, 25 April 2019 13:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Cpx-Ilmenite symplectite

Hi everyone,

I am a PhD student, currently working on a typical garnet, clinopyroxene, plagioclase bearing mafic granulite where “Garnet + Quartz” breaks down to form “Cpx + Plagioclase” during decompression and a later hydration brings profuse amphibole replacing Cpx, garnet etc. Interestingly, the rock contains a good amount of symplectic intergrowth of clinopyroxene and ilmenite (BSE and PPL image of such a domain is attached here). Compared to the amount of ilmenite present, presence of rutile and titanite is quite negligible. Neither Garnet nor Cpx present in the rock is enriched with respect to Ti. I am curious to know what reaction might from such symplectites and I will appreciate it, if you could point me towards any references on such symplectites.

Thanks in advance,

Somdipta

--
Mr. Somdipta Chatterjee
PhD Scholar

To unsubscribe from the GEO-METAMORPHISM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GEO-METAMORPHISM&A=1

http://disclaimer.uj.ac.za