Hello,

I was wondering how does one estimate the Calibration Gain parameter when processing perfusion ASL data in BASIL.  I have a standard ASL perfusion sequence with 3D readout, 8 pairs of tag-control images, LD= 1800, PLD =2000 and an M0 image acquired without background suppression, that I'm using for calibration (voxelwise).

Through trial and error, it looks like CG of 6-7 gives about the right number for GM perfusion.  But how does one really go about estimating that parameter?  On what parameters of the sequences should it be based on?  I have carefully studied documentation for BASIL and could not find an explanation, except this general statement.

---
         Calibration gain: If there is a difference in acquisition gain between the calibration image and the ASL data it can be set here. This might be the case where background suppression has been applied for the main ASL data.
---

Would appreciate any leads on this.

Thanks,
Maria.