Från: Group concerned that academia should seek and promote wisdom <[log in to unmask]> för Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx <[log in to unmask]>
Skickat: den 7 april 2019 22:26
Till: [log in to unmask]
Ämne: Introduction/Age of Clarity

Dear Friends of Wisdom Group,

  I (Gregg Henriques) am a recent member of this list and had an exchange with Nick a few days ago. I am clinical and theoretical psychologist and professor of psychology who is interested in big picture ideas. I was pleased to encounter this group and the idea of wisdom-based inquiry. I have started my own group, The Theory of Knowledge, which is concerned with the profound fragmented pluralism that is pervasive in philosophy, psychology, and the social sciences, and am interested in exploring ways to develop a more integrated pluralism and ways philosophy and psychology might have more of a direct line and impact to the public as we enter the digital age. The Executive Committee of the TOK is meeting this week and gathering via the them Toward an Age of Clarity. I thought I would share with this group the note and blog that we authored on the vision that is emerging in our group.\

I would be happy to dialogue with anyone about this if they are interested—feel free to shoot me an email.

Dear TOK Society Members,

I am pleased to share with you a blog the TOK Executive Committee (i.e., Edward Kroger, Joe Michalski, Steve Quackenbush, Waldemar Schmidt and myself) published this morning, titled Toward an Age of Clarity: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/theory-knowledge/201903/toward-the-age-clarity

Please check it out and share as broadly as possible. We think this is an important message to disseminate and get people talking about. Here is the “preface”:

In an ideologically-fractured culture, it is all-too-easy to lose sight of our common humanity. While there are many reasons for our collective failure to achieve consensus in the spheres of ethics and politics, we believe that our current spiritual malaise reflects, at least in part, a breakdown in our very capacity to share wisdom. As such, we believe it is important to find ways to communicate that free us from unnecessary confusions and allow bridges to be built between refined knowledge systems and fundamental common-sense propositions. In short, if our society is to move from confusion to clarity, wisdom must be consolidated and shared in a way that fosters understanding and collective well-being.

Would love to hear reactions or thoughts or hopes if people have them.

Sincerely,

Gregg

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out my Theory of Knowledge blog at Psychology Today at:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/theory-knowledge

Check out my webpage at:

www.gregghenriques.com

https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=FRIENDSOFWISDOM&A=1

To unsubscribe from the FRIENDSOFWISDOM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=FRIENDSOFWISDOM&A=1

Virusfritt. www.avast.com