Hi Alan, all

I believe providers will often allow learners onto non-accredited courses funded through ESFA.  These courses may be offered by councils’ Adult Community Learning Departments (subcontracted or otherwise) who will have a local fee policy which could allow free places for those who are ineligible for accredited courses.

I’ve also heard of colleges using their hardship fund to fund places for asylum seekers, although this varies from place to place.

Thanks,

Hannah

Hannah Jameson, Language Hub Coordinator, Communities and Environment, Leeds City Council.

[log in to unmask], www.leeds.gov.uk

cid:image003.jpg@01D34758.96FC5610“Bringing people together to make a difference for local people and their communities”

Our Annual Report

For funding information go to Funding Leeds: www.fundingleeds.co.uk