***APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING***

ARA Section for Business Records Summer Seminar 2019
Call for Papers

Let's Get Digital: Working with business records in the digital world

On 3 July, the Section for Business Records will hold their fourth summer seminar at Standard Life Aberdeen in Edinburgh, exploring the theme of working with business records in the digital world.  A deliberately broad theme, we would like to address issues around the sorts of digital records and data sets collected and found in business collections, methods of acquisition, appraisal, preservation and access and the wider digital skills needed to manage and exploit these sorts of records. We are delighted to invite submissions for this year's seminar in the form of papers (c20-30mins), lightening talks (10mins) or practical sessions.

We want to hear about how your organisation approaches digital business records.  We are particularly interested in hearing from archivists working with business records how they have managed collections without the use of proprietary software.  How does an archivist navigate the journey of digital preservation from the beginning? What digital business records and data sets should we be collecting?  Have you found an effective method for collecting and appraising digital business records?  What digital skills are needed to manage and exploit business collections in the digital world?

Proposals for papers, lightening talks or practical sessions might include, but are not limited to, the following areas:

*                     Appraisal and selection

*                     Arrangement and processing

*                     Preservation and conservation

*                     Use and access

*                     Digital skills including but not limited to digital marketing, web-editing, web archiving, social media, coding and data mining

Please send your proposals by 17 May 2019 to Chris Cassells, SBR Training Officer  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the following information:

*                     Name, job title and organisation of speaker/s

*                     Type of proposal (presentation OR lightening talk OR practical session)

*                     Title

*                     An abstract of no more than 300 words

Details of booking for this seminar will be released with the full programme soon.