Hi, Kim; I’ve found that this version (1.6.0-dev) of the bulk extractor viewer works with Windows:

http://downloads.digitalcorpora.org/downloads/bulk_extractor/newer_dev/

Cheers,

Mike

From: Digital-Preservation Announcement and Information List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Kimberly Kennedy
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 9:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Using Bulk Extractor Viewer

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had success using the Bulk Extractor Viewer (https://github.com/simsong/bulk_extractor/wiki/BEViewer) as a standalone tool on Windows. My use case it that I want to run it on PDFs created from scanned files that contain social security numbers and credit card numbers.  I've been testing but so far nothing shows up in the reports, even though there is a SSN and credit card number in the PDFs.  I've attached a screenshot of how I've set the screen up.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could share suggestions.  Or, if anyone has another tool that could be used for this process, feel free to send it my way!

Thanks so much,

Kim

Kimberly Kennedy

Digital Production Coordinator

Northeastern University Libraries

To unsubscribe from the DIGITAL-PRESERVATION list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DIGITAL-PRESERVATION&A=1