Colleagues,

The articles listed below on the US-Mexico border may be of interest to some list members…

Thanks,
Johnny

The Journal of Latin American Geography

OPEN ACCESS CONTENT ALERT

The Journal of Latin American Geography (JLAG) is launching a new program in which we provide temporary free, unrestricted access to particular articles and essays from our archive that help analyze, contextualize, and understand current events and breaking news.

For our first installment, we’re opening access to several recent articles and JLAG Perspectives essays that explore multiple dimensions of the geography of immigration and the US-Mexico border.

Full-text access to these articles will be free and unrestricted via Project Muse through the end of April.

We hope that this effort will highlight the vital ways in which JLAG authors are making important contributions to our understanding of critical contemporary issues from a geographical perspective.

Articles

“I risk everything because I have already lost everything”: Central American Female Migrants Speak Out on the Migrant Trail in Oaxaca, Mexico <http://muse.jhu.edu/article/653101>
Leigh Anne Schmidt and Stephanie Buechler
2017 | v16 n1

Child Migration and Transnationalized Violence in Central and North America <https://muse.jhu.edu/article/639098>
Kate Swanson and Rebecca Maria Torres
2016 | v15 n3

The Geography of Border Militarization: Violence, Death and Health in Mexico and the United States <https://muse.jhu.edu/article/613266>
Jeremy Slack, Daniel E. Martínez, Alison Elizabeth Lee, and Scott Whiteford
2016 | v15 n2

JLAG Perspectives

Trump’s Border Militarization and the Limits to Capital <https://muse.jhu.edu/article/719697>
Jeremy Slack
2019 | v18 n1

The Border Wall and Beyond: Political and Environmental Perspectives <https://muse.jhu.edu/article/708951>
Margaret Wilder
2018 | v17 n3

The Poetry of “Build the Wall” <https://muse.jhu.edu/article/708952>
Reece Jones
2018 | v17 n3

Wall Work <https://muse.jhu.edu/article/708953>
Margath Walker
2018 | v17 n3

Jump It, Climb It, Dig It for the Environment: Meddling with Trump’s Border Wall <https://muse.jhu.edu/article/708954>
Francisco Lara-Valencia and Margaret Wilder
2018 | v17 n3

Walls, Waivers, and What We Don’t Know <https://muse.jhu.edu/article/708955>
Kenneth D. Madsen
2018 | v17 n3

Hardening the Border <https://muse.jhu.edu/article/708956>
Stefano Bloch
2018 | v17 n3

Beyond Sovereign Exclusion: Progressive Alternatives to the Wall <https://muse.jhu.edu/article/708957>
Matthew Longo
2018 | v17 n3

Journal of Latin American Geography

Vol 18, No 1 available now

Read online <https://muse.jhu.edu/journal/240>
Submit an article <https://fdigitalcommons.lsu.edu/jlag/>
Contact the journal <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

--
John(ny) Finn, PhD
Assistant Professor