This message is posted on behalf of Charlotte Heppell.
If you reply to this message please copy in Charlotte (email below) as she is not a member of this list.

Thanks!

Good morning all,

We currently use a bespoke version of UDC and are looking at the benefits of simplifying it or switching to DDC.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone know of any online resources on how Dewey works (we would get training but this is for a first look by staff).

2. Have any other libraries gone through a similar exercise and can share their experiences of pros and cons of switching classification systems?

Thanking you all in advance

Charlotte Heppell
Head of Library Services - Joint Services Command and Staff College