Morning,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions on this.

I’d be interested to see the drawings Gerard; I do like the idea of using the wheelchair swingaway mechanism too Jeremy. I noticed on his Sunrise Q??? it had a new, robust-looking swingaway unit, more durable the unit typically fitted to the Salsa. The powered units do have potential, but they do have the extra support issues, managing power supply and charging and so on.

I really want a powered version of this:

https://www.bodypoint.com/ECommerce/category/power-chair-components/midline-joystick-mounting

And one that plugs into the R-Net bus, adding an additional mode “Swingaway Mount”, controlled by the joystick remote,  and not worrying about external charging or wiring the power supply into the wheelchair.

I’ve decided to try a manual Bodypoint Midline Joystick mount for now. The only thing preventing me from using a wheelchair swingaway is that we need to mount his device on the right, the same side as his joystick remote – otherwise I would have tried that too.

Thanks for all the comments!

Paul