Archives, Access and AI: Working with Born-Digital and Digitised Archival
Collections
International conference in London, 15-17 Jan. 2020

How can we shed light on born-digital and digitised archives? What is the
role of automation and AI? How can we give greater access to archives
currently closed to the public? What are the best ways to involve donors/
creators of born-digital archives, and work with them in an active and
collaborative way rather than as a passive part of the deposit process?

This three-day conference in London (15-17 Jan. 2020) will bring together
archivists, humanities scholars, computer scientists and policy makers to
discuss the way we work with archives now. At a time of rapid change, it is
essential to harness the data revolution to bring our cultural heritage
from obscurity to light.

More information here: http://www.poetrysurvival.com/
<http://www.poetrysurvival.com/>

Please send a 300-word proposal and one-page CV by 1 June 2019 to Lise
Jaillant ([log in to unmask]) and Victoria Stobo (

This conference is partly funded by an AHRC Leadership Fellowship awarded
to Dr Jaillant for “Survival of the Weakest: Preserving and Analysing
Born-Digital Records to Understand How Small Poetry Publishers Survive in
the Global Marketplace.”