Dear All,

We would like to invite you to join us on the 15-17 May 2019 for our conference After the Event. Prospects and Retrospects of Revolution<https://www.ucl.ac.uk/anthropology/events/2019/may/after-event-prospects-and-retrospects-revolution>, which will take place in the Anthropology Department at UCL, 14 Taviton Street, London WC1H 0BW.

After the Event is dedicated to exploring new departures in the anthropology of revolution and will bring together some of its most influential scholars, who will examine the dynamics through which revolutionary upheavals are continuously made and unmade long after they have first taken place.

We are excited to have keynote speeches by historian and sociologist Behrooz Ghamari-Tabrizi (Princeton), anthropologist Alpa Shah (LSE), and playwright and anthropologist David Lan (The Young Vic/LSE). Speakers will be addressing themes such as the temporality of revolutionary politics, the ambiguities of revolutions’ legacies, studying revolutions in the field, scales of revolution, affects and materiality of revolutionary afterlives, and many more topics.

We’d be very grateful if you could register if you would like to come, so we can have a good sense of numbers.

Please register for the first two days (15 and 16 May), which will be held at UCL Anthropology, by following this link

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/after-the-event-prospects-and-retrospects-of-revolution-tickets-60471298281

Please register for the final day (17 May), which will be held at SPACE, an art gallery in Hackney, by following this link

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/after-the-event-prospects-and-retrospects-of-revolution-tickets-60310110163

For more information, please visit our homepage

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/anthropology/events/2019/may/after-event-prospects-and-retrospects-revolution or contact us directly by dropping us an email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Apologies for any cross-posting.

With warm regards,

Narges Ansari
Myriam Lamrani
Charlotte Loris-Rodionoff
Kaya Uzel

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/Anthropology-Matters   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers *

To unsubscribe please click here:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ANTHROPOLOGY-MATTERS&A=1