Dear all,

At Loughborough University we are currently reviewing the academic cycle of our postgraduate taught students, and one of the areas that we are considering is the workload of students during the summer period.

We currently have a variety of project/dissertation deadlines from mid-August to mid-September that we’re considering bringing together.

Also during the same period (last week of August and first week of September), PGT students could also be taking resits alongside working on their project/dissertation.

We’re interested in finding out what others across the sector do in terms of deadlines for dissertations/projects and reassessment opportunities for taught modules– particularly if your Masters students graduate in December, therefore I’d be grateful if you could share the following:

  1. Do you have a consistent project/dissertation deadline across your institution? If so when is it? If no, what’s the range of your deadlines?
  2. When do your PGT students undertake resits?
  3. Do you have issues with students taking resits alongside projects/dissertations? If so, do you have mechanisms to limit the number of credits students take at once, or any other ways of trying to mitigate those issues?

Any ideas of what happens at other institutions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to your replies.

Kind regards,

Amy Shaw

Administrative Officer (Postgraduate Taught)

Academic Registry

Loughborough University

( 01509 223187

the 2018 Loughborough email signature

To unsubscribe from the Admin-Student list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=Admin-Student&A=1