Dear Zooarchers,

I'm doing some research on the challenges and pitfalls of precisely identifying species in prehistoric depictions of animals. While there is an abundance of information on this issue for rock art, there seem to be few studies looking at objects in the round (sculpture, modeled figurines, lapidary objects, etc.). I would think that there would be additional considerations for three-dimensional objects that warrant treatment (e.g. effectiveness of GMM approaches), but I'm turning up short. Would anyone be able to suggest relevant publications I might have overlooked?

Many thanks,
Christina

Christina M. Giovas, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Archaeology, Simon Fraser University
Associate Editor, Journal of Island and Coastal Archaeology
Associate Editor, Journal of Anthropological Research

Education Building 9635│8888 University Dr│Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6│Canada │Ph 778-782-5828 │Email [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the ZOOARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ZOOARCH&A=1