Hi WAN!

I wanted to let you all know about a book I’ve just had published through
Parlor Press in the US, as part of their Series on Electracy and Transmedia
Studies.

*Tracing Invisible Lines* is a critical autoethnographic text built around
Gregory Ulmer’s concept of the “Mystory.” Dedicated to the enhancement of
imagination and innovation in a digital-media saturated society, Ulmer’s
Mystory is a creative research method that draws narratives from three
domains of discourse (personal, professional, popular). Analyzing these
domains means generating fresh insight into the deep-seated emblems that
drive the creative disposition, or “invariant principle,” of the
practice-led researcher. Here, the mystoriographical approach has mobilized
an exploration of the interrelations between self and society, between
memory and imagination, as well as between industry-driven design-arts
education and experimental sound-art practice (prioritizing the sonic, the
perambulatory, careering). As a result, the Mystory fosters critical
awareness of the socio-cultural instruments of creative inspiration and
perspiration.

Given the book's attention to walking, listening and recording, and
improvisational sound-based art, I thought that it might be of interest to
a number of the people on this list. For those of you who are
interested, here's
a link to the Parlor Press site:

http://www.parlorpress.com/tracing_invisible_lines

Best wishes,

David

FRIENDLY REMINDER: if you click REPLY to this email, you will be sending a
message to over 300 subscribers. Please do so only if you wish to respond
to everyone.