Dear Lavinia (CC’d mailing list)

I was wondering whether there are any individual parameters after the search over nested PEB models (formerly post-hoc model search) step? More precisely, where could I find group and indvidual subject parameters after 1.3 (PEB) and 1.5 (model search and BMA) from https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/SPM/Parametric_Empirical_Bayes_(PEB) and do the individual subject parameters change after that?

You’ll get individual parameters after the PEB step by including a second output:

[PEB, rGCM] = spm_dcm_peb(PEB);

Where rGCM is each subject’s model, with the connection strengths you would have got if the group average connectivity was used as priors. In other words, these estimates are refined by know what’s typical for the group. I’m afraid there is no further subject-level connectivity after doing the model search / BMA.

Best

Peter