PLEASE NOTE:
When you click 'Reply' to any message it will be sent to all RAMESES List members.
If you only want to reply to the sender please remove [log in to unmask] from the 'To:' section of your email.

Three other points.

1) Take the event: "The army shot live ammunition at the protesters".
Knowing what goes on in the hearts and minds of either the soldiers or
protesters will tell us little about the event. Far more important as
preceding causes and mechanisms in this event is what is going on at a
higher social level (e.g. between institutions).

2) The original question was whether or not an agent needs to be identified
in every CMO configuration. Gill Westhorp's response makes me think that
the answer might be yes but that the agent wouldn't necessarily be an
individual. I've not read her chapter yet, though - it's on its way to me.

3) I'm a bit worried that this debate could end up being too esoteric -
should it move to a sub-section of RAMESES rather than clogging the email
of busy researchers and students? I'm interested but as many would point
out, I'm not normal!

All the best
Peter