Oh and for variety here's a fun biology one that would likely catch out
quite a few list members:

Misconception: the oxygen you breathe in is used to make carbon dioxide.

In reality it ends up forming water.

Jenny

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019, 10:53 sandeepalleppey1000, <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hai friends. Can anybody share some common science misconceptions in the
> UK; so that l can write about the truth behind it in my science blog.☺
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sandeep

> to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring
> text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com
> nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail
> (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at
> [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use
> policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
> Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]