Hi everyone,

The application deadline for the new sci comm role within my team here at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge closes in 1 week on Monday 11 March!

Do get in contact if you’d like to chat about the job. Full details and link to apply below.

Best wishes, Liz

~~~

I am looking for an enthusiastic, creative and motivated individual to translate LMB’s scientific research in engaging multimedia communications for a variety of audiences. We want to showcase the impact of LMB research starting from the institute’s origins in the 1940s right up to the present day, including 12 Nobel Prizes along the way!

You will be a key member of our news team, writing Insight on Research articles for our website, and will produce filmed interviews with LMB researchers to further explain research (a new initiative that this role will set up). You will also oversee LMB’s social media channels, creating and posting content, and monitor effectiveness. Plus you will contribute to LMB public engagement and outreach projects, and support the development of displays about LMB science.

The ideal candidate will have prior experience of science writing for different audiences, have experience of tailoring content for social media, including monitoring the effectiveness of communication campaigns, excellent communication, IT, organisational and interpersonal skills, have the ability to use your own initiative and be an effective team member.

For full details and to apply, see:
https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BQK559/science-communications-assistant

https://mrc.tal.net/vx/mobile-0/appcentre-ext/brand-3/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/1039-Science-Communications-Assistant-Operations-Liz-Pryke-LMB-1039/en-GB

This post is 1-year fixed term.
Salary: £22,201 - £29,837 per annum, plus MRC benefits

Closing date: Monday 11 March

--
Dr Liz Pryke
LMB Public Engagement Manager

Tel: +44 (0)1223 267220
Mobile: +44(0)7917 427893
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk

Hours: Mon to Wed 9:15 - 16:00; Thu & Fri 9:15 - 15:00

The MRC is part of UK Research and Innovation

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************