From: Aaron Boardley [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 18 March 2019 18:11
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [Job, London, £28.5K] Digital Communications Officer, Royal Academy of Engineering. Closes 12 April.
Hi all,
We’ve a vacancy in our comms team at the Royal Academy of Engineering, so we’re looking for an excellent creative communicator to join us as a Digital Communications Officer.
The role involves running our social media channels as well as wider digital work including website edits, e-newsletter campaigns, and working with teams across the Academy to create engaging online content – promoting the work of the researchers we fund, increasing the impact of our policy reports, and sharing opportunities with engineers at the cutting edge of the profession. As the UK’s national academy for engineering and technology, we engage audiences including policymakers, business leaders, academics and educators as well as engineers themselves and, through our Enterprise Hub, investors and entrepreneurs.
The job’s based at our London headquarters in Carlton House Terrace - right between Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, and St James’s Park – and I’ve always found it a great place to work. The full job advert and link to further details are included below, but if you have any further questions that aren’t covered then please feel free to drop me a message off-list. Do also share with any other contacts who may be interested.
Many thanks,
Aaron
https://www.raeng.org.uk/about-us/jobs-at-the-academy/digital-comms-officer-2019

Deliver engaging digital campaigns that champion cutting-edge engineering
·         Closing date for applications: Midday on Friday 12 April 2019
·         Interviews: w/c Monday 22 March 2019
·         Salary: Up to £28,500 pa + excellent benefits
Engineering matters. It underpins our daily lives, drives economic growth, plays a critical role in addressing major societal challenges and helps ensure our readiness for the future, from providing a sustainable supply of food, water and clean energy, to advancing healthcare, and keeping us safe and secure.
As the UK’s national academy for engineering and technology, the Royal Academy of Engineering brings together the most talented and successful engineers – our Fellows – to advance and promote excellence in engineering for the benefit of society.
Joining a busy communications team, you will demonstrate your creativity and technical know-how every day as you keep our audiences up-to-date with the latest news and opportunities via social media, our website and electronic newsletters. Working closely with teams across the Academy, including the Enterprise Hub, you will reach stakeholders ranging from students and researchers to investors and policymakers with relevant content, raising our profile as a thought-leader and increasing engagement with our work online. Whether you’re designing visually appealing quote cards, developing snappy video content, or drafting blog posts, you’ll apply your creativity, eye for a story and audience understanding to keep the Academy in a dynamic dialogue with its target audiences, and make yourself an invaluable part of the team.
To hit the ground running, you should be experienced in managing social media channels and using evaluation tools, capable of developing and updating content proactively, and able to generate top-notch copy. Familiarity with digital marketing and video production would be very useful, but more importantly, you will be well versed in the full social media mix, adept at analysing campaigns, and keen to interact with senior stakeholders and bring their initiatives and innovations to life. Above all, you will be a true self-starter who can operate effectively under pressure and make things happen every day.
Aaron Boardley
Digital Communications Manager
Royal Academy of Engineering

www.raeng.org.uk<http://www.raeng.org.uk/>

This email is sent on behalf of The Royal Academy of Engineering, Prince Philip House, 3 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5DG, United Kingdom. The sender shall not be liable for the message if it has been modified, altered, falsified or even edited or disseminated without authorisation. The contents of this email and any attachments are intended for the confidential use of the named recipient(s) only.If you are not an addressee (or you have received this mail in error) please notify us immediately by email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, and confirm the deletion of this email and attachments immediately.

We have updated our privacy policies under the new General Data Protection Regulation. You can read our full privacy notice<https://www.raeng.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/privacy-policy> on our website.

Royal Academy of Engineering, Prince Philip House, 3 Carlton House Terrace, SW1Y 5DG. Registered Charity: 293074

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)

Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212