From: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of DAVID DURLING <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 04 March 2019 09:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: the list

Dear subscribers

From time to time an individual posts comments on this list that are seen by many as inappropriate. Such a case occurred recently with provocative statements made by Keith Russell. Keith and I established this list many years ago and over the years he has been a steady source of advice to me in managing the list. Ironically, this was especially true when the list was subject to inappropriate comments in past years.

Following Keith's recent statements I received a number of complaints. At his request, Keith has been removed as a subscriber, and has stepped down as co-owner. Keith therefore has no further connection with this list or its discussions.

I am considering appointing a replacement co-owner. Several names have been suggested already, and further suggestions will be welcomed off list. In the interests of balance I would prefer someone complementary to my cultural predisposition as a white elderly male from the Atlantic West.

We are a community of over 3000 subscribers. Some of the most interesting scholars in our field take the trouble to post here and debate. There is no other forum quite like this. I wanted to take this opportunity to assure everyone that processes are in place to protect the integrity of these discussions. Among those processes are ongoing actions to prevent persons subscribing for the purposes of trolling, and the censure or removal of anyone behaving badly.

Back to the debates...

kind regards
David

David Durling HonFDRS PhD   http://durling.tel