What changed their minds, over time, were the following, consistently made arguments:

There was no new, 11th hour argument that changed minds. CC stayed engaged - we kept the lines of communication open ... we kept talking.

I expect (public) user comments / social media and the press / articles played a significant role as well.

CC has been engaged with Flickr in every step of this process. To say CC wasn’t aware of the initial changes is inaccurate.

CC is pleased with Flickr's decision to host all old and future CC licensed and public domain images, at no cost, with no limit. This is a win.

The commons is always at risk, and requires constant vigilance by all of us to ensure healthy, persistent spaces where open content, practices and policies can thrive.  The work never ends.

Have a good week everyone,

Cable

Cable Green, PhD
Director of Open Education