Hi all,

As part of the FRAMES of REPRESENTATION film festival at the ICA London this April, CHASE is organising two academic seminars where academics and the festival filmmakers will discuss ideas around cinema of the real, and artistic or experimental approaches to documentary.

We are still looking for 1-2 speakers to join one of these seminars, Approaching Documentary as Art (After Adorno). The seminar will take place on Tuesday April 16, 2:45pm, and will be a 60-90 minute round-table discussion using Adorno's writings on the camera arts and his philosophy of history as a frame to discuss the practice of experimental documentary filmmaking.

CHASE students/academics are eligible for travel expenses, and there may be a stipend available for non-CHASE speakers.

If you are interested in finding out more, please email me at [log in to unmask] and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks so much!

Arron Santry
Doctoral Candidate
Goldsmiths, Department of Media, Communications and Cultural Studies