With apologies for cross-posting

Dear Colleagues,

Nanette Levinson, Derrick Cogburn, and I co-chair a mini-track on Social Media, Culture, Identity, and Inclusion as part of the 53rd Hawai'i International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), January 7-10, 2020 in beautiful Maui, HI, and look forward to receiving your papers.

This mini-track includes research that seeks to better understand how digital and social media can foster (or serve as hindering factors for) diversity and inclusion in multiple settings. We welcome proposals from a range of disciplines and methodologies.

For more information on the mini-track and the conference, click here http://hicss.hawaii.edu/tracks-53/digital-and-social-media/#culture-identity-and-inclusion-minitrack.

Paper submission will open on April 15 and the deadline to submit is June 15, 11:59pm Hawai'i time. To submit your paper, click here http://hicss.hawaii.edu/authors/.

HICSS is one of the oldest and most impactful conferences in the MIS and system sciences field, and brings together a large multi-disciplinary community. Papers undergo a rigorous peer-review process and are published in proceedings.

We also would like you to consider serving as a reviewer for our mini-track. To join us as a reviewer please email me at trevisan [at] american.edu or Derrick Cogburn dcogburn [at] american.edu or Nanette Levinson nlevins [at] american.edu with your name and contact details. We look forward to recognizing your role as a reviewer and to assign no more than 3 papers to review.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact one of us. All best,

Filippo Trevisan (with Nanette Levinson and Derrick Cogburn)

———

Filippo Trevisan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor - School of Communication
Deputy Director - Institute on Disability and Public Policy (IDPP)
American University
4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC - 20016

Tel: +1 (202) 885 6930