From: Cornock, Claire
Sent: 20 February 2019 14:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Second year slump research

Dear all,

I'm fairly new to the mailing list, so I shall introduce myself. I'm Claire and I'm currently line managing the Maths group at Sheffield Hallam University.

I have a large interest in teaching developments, with my research area being teaching and learning pedagogy. I'm wondering if you'd be able to help me with some current research that I am undertaking with some colleagues please? We're interested in the second year slump in Maths degrees. Whether you experience this amongst your second year students or you don't, we'd really like to hear about your experiences through the following questionnaire:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc3dlEECdK5_sd0H0fWbiElRtFLYd5JeUY7mtI-rHC33Jq8MA/viewform?usp=sf_link

We intend to share our findings in a publication. More information can be found at the start of the questionnaire.

Thank you in advance for your help and I look forward to meeting you at the HoDoMS conference in April.

Best wishes,
Claire

Dr Claire Cornock

Acting Subject Group Leader

Mathematics Subject Group

Department of Engineering and Mathematics

Sheffield Hallam University