Hi All

Our authentication team at our institution made a change to pull our Shibboleth set up into line with UKAMF best practice. It is something that will affect all UK Access Management federation entities and needed to be done to adhere to JISC standards and we are quite late putting it in place.

They released an updated ‘eduPersonTargetedID’ attribute that acts as a persistent identifier. It is this  ‘persistentID’ that is part of the UKAMF best practices and allows our users to persistently access external services without revealing any personally identifiable information, so that they can retain profile information and past activity etc.

Now IT were unaware of the use of the persistent ID in our Talis Aspire set-up and did not communicate with us so this has resulted in us losing all the profiles on our system.  We are working with Talis to resolve this but wanted to know if anyone else has put this in place – and to what result and also to give a heads up if anyone is planning to install this too.

Happy to chat offline,

Sue

Sue Abbott

Digital Library Manager

Forum Library, University of Exeter, Stocker Road, Exeter, EX4 4PT

Tel: 01392 725603

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

March 2019 Email sign off
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/codebox/email-sig/staff-sig.gif¯

This email and any attachment may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or subject to copyright, and which may be exempt from disclosure under applicable legislation. It is intended for the addressee only. If you received this message in error, please let me know and delete the email and any attachments immediately. The University will not accept responsibility for the accuracy/completeness of this e-mail and its attachments.

To unsubscribe from the LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE&A=1