(with apologies for cross-posting)

Beyond the Horizon

Bringing the information world together

CILIP North East Conference

Monday 20th May 2019, 12:30-17:00

The Lit & Phil, Newcastle-upon-Tyne

CALL FOR PAPERS

The conference will seek to inspire our audience, share knowledge, raise debate and provide networking opportunities. It will cover a broad range of issues from across the library, information and knowledge professions. The conference will be open to members of the profession and all who are interested in our profession. The conference will be free for CILIP members. There will be a charge for non-members.

1. Aims

To bring library information and knowledge professionals across the North East together.

To inspire, showcase innovative practice and to encourage professionals to develop.

2. Sessions

Proposals should be on the topic of projects, new developments, and innovations in the library and information profession. What are you doing that is ‘beyond the horizon’?

There will be two types of session for the conference:

2.1 Short papers

There will be up to six slots available for 20-minute talks.

2.2 Lightening talks or PechaKucha (20 slides, 20 seconds each)

There will be up to six slots available for five-minute talks, so we are looking for short and snappy! Want to present and not done so before or just want to introduce something briefly then this is perfect for you.

3. Proposals

Please email your proposal and your speaker biography to Louise Masson, [log in to unmask]

This should include:

3.1. The session type you wish to contribute to in the subject line of the email, e.g. 20 minutes on “AI and Libraries”)

3.2 Details e.g.

·       Full name, job role, contact details and organisation you (or other speakers) work for

·       a mini biography on your background, e.g. where worked, professional interests, etc.

·       in no more than 200 words outline what you want to talk about, why it is innovative, exciting and ‘beyond the horizon’

4. Deadlines

15th March 2019, 17:00                      Deadline for all talk submissions

22nd March 2019                                 Notification of acceptance: successful proposers will be informed by email

Registered Charity No 313014

To unsubscribe from the LIS-PUB-LIBS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-PUB-LIBS&A=1