Hello again,

We are in the process of re-evaluating how we run library inductions, and would be so grateful to have your input.

We currently run 1 hour sessions in which we cover the basics and do a quiz to orientate the students around the library website. The sessions are very labour-intensive, so one aim is reduce the pressure on staff WHILE giving the students what they need to get started AND without overloading them.  Is it possible??

Previously, inductions have taken place in computer rooms away from the library, but we are thinking of bringing them back to the library and potentially doing a short tour with some computer-based element (e.g., instructional/promotional video with quiz).

What wonderful things do you do?

Best wishes,

Zena

Zena Ali | Liaison Librarian (Medicine and Biomedical Sciences)
Information Services
St George's, University of London
Cranmer Terrace | Tooting | London | SW18 0RE
+44 (0)20 8725 0854 |
library.sgul.ac.uk<http://library.sgul.ac.uk/>
Twitter: @sgullibrary<https://twitter.com/sgullibrary>
Instagram: @sgullibrary<https://instagram.com/sgullibrary>
Facebook: SGUL Library<https://www.facebook.com/sgullibrary/>
St George's, University of London: improving health for over 250 years
sgul.ac.uk<http://www.sgul.ac.uk/>