Hi all

I thought you might all like to have a look at this Cooperative called "Indycube": https://www.indycube.community/

I am a member (£10 a month). For that I get a "desk day" at any one of their office hubs. I can book more for a fee. Also get legal advice.

Seeing as professional/social isolation and cost-effective workspace is an issue for many I thought this a good solution.

If you run a museum and have some office space spare you might be interested in becoming an Indycube Hub. All you have to do is take out one membership (£10 a month) and you then get to keep the fees of anyone who uses your space. Bit of income generation never went amiss.

I am not on a commission...

This could be very useful for you freelancers who have to travel around the UK and might want to sit at a professional desk.

I'd love to see museums get on board with this. You won't be able to predict the kind of freelancers who come to use your space, which increases opportunity for local networking and creativity.

Indycube are interested to give a presentation at GEM conference if a. they can fit in the schedule and b. can get their travel and subs paid. It is a genuine Cooperative.

Cheers all

Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]:

Join GEM Firstname Secondname

Include only the text above, without email signature etc.   The title of the email doesn’t matter.   Send it to [log in to unmask]

If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message:

Set GEM nomail

When you get back:

Set GEM mail

You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above.

Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this:

CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask]