I believe the  http://www.developingconnectome.org/ did something with some resemblance to this, acquiring two datasets with thicker slices offset and then reconstructing them somehow.

Matt.

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Dianne Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 2:30 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [FSL] combine orthogonal stacks

Dear Experts,

I don't know if this is even possible, but I'm hoping you can help. I have 3 clinical T1 scans in NIFTI format:
one has good resolution in the axial plane
one has good resolution in the coronal plane
one has good resolution in the sagittal plane

My dream is to combine the 3 orthogonal planes into a single high-resolution 3d image.
Is such a thing possible? Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks so much,

Dianne

--
Dianne Patterson, Ph.D.