Do you have the GRE fMRI phase encoding right, the order of the SE scans
right for topup, the correct echo spacing for the GRE fMRI, and the
correct total readout time for the SE scans?  All of these things will
influence the distortion correction if you do it in this way.

Then ideally you will use BBR for EPI to T1w registration, which is more
accurate than other methods.  fslreorient2std is a good idea to run on all
your raw scans before processing them.

Matt.