Hi

Dividing by waytotal is not going to give you valid probabilities in this case because the waytotal combines across all seed voxels. An alternative that can work here is to normalise the rows or columns of the matrix to sum to one.

Note that it is unusual to ask for these within-grey matter connectivity matrices as the orientational information is more reliable in the white matter. I think that your NxN matrices for within pallidum connectivity are going to be telling you indirectly about the coherence of the diffusion orientations (a little bit like in this paper : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19332141 but with tractography instead of directly calculating coherence). So for example, if you have coherent orientations in the GP you should see a sparser NxN connectivity matrix than if you had random orientations. Whether this is an interesting measure for your application I don’t know :)

Cheers
Saad