Apologies if you have received this already on other lists

Dear all,

We are delighted to announce the launch of a new book series entitled ‘New Perspectives for English for Academic Purposes’ published by Bloomsbury. Series editors are: Alex Ding, Ian Bruce and Melinda Whong. We are excited to be editing this series as we hope it will explore innovative research and scholarship in EAP and provide powerful scholarship for and by practitioners.

We hope this series will set the agenda for studies in English for Academic Purposes (EAP) by opening up research and scholarship to new domains, ideas and perspectives as well as giving a platform to emerging and established practitioners and researchers in the field.

Please see the attached flyer for more information.

We are keen to hear from practitioners and researchers in EAP about this new series. If you would like to discuss ideas for a volume or contribute to those already envisaged, please get in touch. For those of you attending the BALEAP conference at Leeds, Ian, Melinda and I will be there as well as Maria Brauzzi from Bloomsbury and a number of members of the advisory board. So please feel free to talk to any of us about the series.

Best wishes

Alex

Dr Alex Ding

Associate Professor of English for Academic Purposes

Director of the Centre for Excellence in Language Teaching

Director of Scholarship for the Language Centre

School of Languages, Cultures and Societies

New Perspectives for English for Academic Purposes Series Co-Editor Bloomsbury

The English for Academic Purposes Practitioner: Operating on the Edge of Academia (2017) Palgrave Macmillan

Profile: https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/languages/staff/714/dr-alex-ding