Hi,

This book on mothering and disability might interest you. Link and description provided below.  Also Demeter Press has many books on mothering in which you may find chapters related to disability. See, for example, Queering Motherhood: Narrative and Theoretical Perspectives edited by Meg Gibson.

Tanya T.

http://demeterpress.org/books/disabled-mothers-stories-and-scholarship-by-and-about-mothers-with-disabilities/

Disabled Mothers: Stories and Scholarship by and about Mothers With Disabilities

This collection of 18 scholarly works and personal accounts from Canada, the U.S., and Australia explores and analyzes issues of parenting by mothers with a variety of physical and mental disabilities. The book delves into pregnancy, birth, adoption, child custody, discrimination, and disability politics. Noticing dominant ideas, meanings, and narratives about mothering and disability, as the contributors of this book do, exposes how the actual lives and experiences of mothers with disabilities are key to challenging cultural norms and therefore discrimination.

·       Endorsements

·       Table of Contents

“Disabled Mothers brings together disability studies’ perspectives and the lived experiences of mothering and being mothered. It gives life to issues of body, state control, freedom, racism, sexism, and the familial networks of care and belonging in new and radically accessible ways. Disabled Mothers is essential reading for those who want to open their imaginations to the various ways the life of disability and that of mothering engage us, touch us, and make us re-think what we thought we knew about maternal relations and embodiment.”
—TANYA TITCHKOSKY, OISE of the University of Toronto, Author of Disability, Self and Society

“The strength of this collection is the breadth and scope of the coverage on the subject of mothers with disabilities. Alternating between research studies and personal essays, this book provides important information and readability.”
—MARY GRIMLEY MASON, PhD Professor of English emerita Resident Scholar, Brandeis University’s Women’s Studies Research