Hi Everyone,

I have searched through their now updated Conference web site.  Here is some info and a question.

-The web site now makes very clear this is a student conference.  Link to conference web site. https://www.canadiananimallawconference.ca/

-The conference web site does not make available who is organizing.  So far, I have found one name who I believe is a student.  Samantha Addario using the email [log in to unmask]

-The conference venue does not list its accessibility features (in Canada it is perfectly possible to host events in inaccessible venues).

-The Dean of the Law School is Cameron, Camille ,Weldon Professor of Law
Email: [log in to unmask], Phone: 902-494-2114

-I don’t believe DAL has yet finished their hiring for a VP of Human Rights and Equity.

The search committee includes:
Carolyn Watters, Provost and Vice-President Academic (Chair)
Arig al Shaibah, Vice-Provost, Student Affairs
Amina Abawajy, President, Dalhousie Student Union
Cassandra Dorrington, Board appointee
Kevin Hewitt, Senate appointee
Isabelle French, Dalhousie Legal Counsel
Patricia Doyle-Bedwell, Professor/Native Studies Instructor
Vivian Howard, Associate Dean Academic, Faculty of Management
Tracy Rands, Director, Talent Management

Dal University Email usually are [log in to unmask]

I don’t know how best to respond but I do worry that this two day student conference, which may not garner much attention on its own, may be thrown into the public spot light by our response.

I think I would rather spend my time asking for DAL officials and conference organizers to respond to our concerns.

Tanya Titchkosky