Hi all,

I'm in need of a sanity check as my head is now in a spin. As part of our professional body we  organise various events often using universities and colleges for venues. As part of this we collect registration via our own website, making us the data controller. Often the venues we use require the names of those attending to be provided for security purposes (reception sign-in sheets) and delegate badges. Given the broad definition of data processing under the GDPR are Data Processing Agreements required when working with other venues to permit them to handle the personal data of our delegates or can this be covered in the terms and conditions of the event?

Any input is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Martin

--
Martin Hawksey
Chief Innovation, Community and Technology Officer

Association for Learning Technology (ALT)
Registered Charity Number 1160039
web: www.alt.ac.uk
twitter: @A_L_T / @mhawksey
working pattern: Mon-Thur

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

All user commands can be found at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/subscribers/subscribercommands.html and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]