From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Claire E Miller
Sent: 21 March 2019 15:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Graduate Outcomes

Hi Katie,

I thought that HESA (via its data processor) contacted all the graduates for the survey. Are you saying that the HE providers are required to do the follow up?

Opting in or out isn’t an issue because presumably you have asked them to opt in or out of marketing. The survey is not marketing so isn’t affected by marketing preferences.

If you haven’t already seen it, the Graduate Outcomes privacy notice for those being surveyed is here: https://www.graduateoutcomes.ac.uk/privacy-info

Thanks,

Claire

Claire Miller

Information Governance Manager & Data Protection Officer

Legal and Governance

University of Central Lancashire