May 24 - May 25, 2019

Brokering Intercultural Exchange is is an Arts and Humanities Research Council funded network of researchers, policy-makers, and arts and cultural management practitioners who are interest- ed in developing greater critical discourse on the contribution of arts and cultural management to intercultural understanding. We wish that, together, we can reflect on the historical, institutionaland social dimensions of intercultural activities that take place within the realms of arts and cultural management practice and education. This conference will bring together researchers from different fields as well as practitioners who are keen on investi- gating these ideas through presentations and discussion.

This year’s Annual Gathering on ‘Democratizing the arts and the arts sector’ will explore four main topics:

  • Managing democracy through a discourse of diversity?
  • Facilitating, Packaging or Fostering Democracy through Education and Training: Inclusive Leadership or Contradiction?
  • Democratizing the arts practice
  • Matters of inequality and inclusion/exclusion seen through the lens of digitalisation

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to this conference and to the Brokering Intercultural Exchange Network. More information on the network and our activities can also be found on our website www.managingculture.net

Dr. Victoria Durrer
Lecturer in Arts Management and Cultural Policy
School of Arts, English and Languages, Queen's University Belfast

To unsubscribe from the CULTURAL-POLICY-IRELAND list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CULTURAL-POLICY-IRELAND&A=1