CFP: Work and workers in the digital economy

Institute of Australian Geographers Annual Conference, Hobart, Tasmania, 9-13th July 2019

Abstract due date extended to this MONDAY,  March 18th.

This session seeks to bring together empirical, methodological and conceptual papers that explore geographies of work and working in the gig or platform economy.  There is as yet limited geographical engagement with the specificities of digital work, in particular from the perspectives of workers and in terms of the organisation and experience of work. Papers are invited that attend, at a range of scales, for example to work and leisure boundaries in the platform economy; gig work and embodiment; worker mobilities; algorithmic management; gendered and/or classed and/or racialized platform work; offshoring and worker competition.

The overarching aim is to generate rich understandings of the geographies and politics of digital work.

Please submit abstracts to the IAG conference website https://cdesign.eventsair.com/2019-iag/abstracts and also send a copy to Robyn Mayes ([log in to unmask]).

A/ Professor Robyn Mayes | SFHEA
School of Management
QUT Business School | Queensland University of Technology | www.qut.edu.au/business
Phone: + 61 7 3138 1261 | Fax: +61 7 3138 1313 | Email: [log in to unmask]

I offer my respect to the Traditional Custodians and First People of the land on which I live and work.

1499130795350_PastedImage

To unsubscribe from the CRIT-GEOG-FORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CRIT-GEOG-FORUM&A=1