Dear Randy,

thank you very much, I had a look at it and it seems that fortunately it was one of the "straighforward" cases.

Best,

Almudena

El jue., 14 mar. 2019 a las 14:48, Randy Read (<[log in to unmask]>) escribió:
Dear Almu,

We have a discussion on the Phaser Wiki about some of the possibilities for tNCS, what you should look for, and what Phaser can handle: http://www.phaser.cimr.cam.ac.uk/index.php/Molecular_Replacement#Translational_Non-crystallographic_Symmetry.  As it explains, if you have one major peak in the native Patterson then everything will be pretty automatic, and it can even be straightforward if you have several peaks corresponding to multiples of the same underlying translation.  If you have some specific questions about your problem after you’ve read that and run Phaser on your problem, then let us know!

Best wishes,

Randy

-----
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research    Tel: +44 1223 336500
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building                         Fax: +44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                                            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                               www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk