Self-Service
call for entries

We are looking for artists’ moving image work for the exhibition Self-Service which will take place in the atmospheric crypt of St John’s Church as part of the Waterloo Festival in June 2019. Exhibiting artists will include members of the London Group, invited artists and those selected by this open call.

Taking its lead from the check-out counters of supermarkets and petrol station forecourts, this exhibition will bring together works that explore the idea of ‘self-service’. We are interested in seeing moving image work that relates to this theme in multiple ways: What happens when we do things for ourselves? As automation and artificial intelligence infiltrate everything, what is the implication for individuals, communities and machines? How should we think about ‘autonomy’? What is self-service in art?

Self-Service will be curated by London Group members David Theobald and Genetic Moo.

Submitted moving image work can be films or loops, but should have a maximum run time of 5 minutes. If selected, artists should be able to upload their work as an mp4 or .mov file by WeTransfer.

Submission is FREE
Follow link to register or login to the portal and use access code: selfservice19
Webpage: http://www.thelondongroup.com/selfservice
Deadline: Monday the 15th April

To unsubscribe from the CAS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CAS&A=1