FYI

We would like to invite you to attend our musical tribute in your community
or a nearby town, the dates for which are listed below.

Our tribute features new musical works which celebrate the heritage of the
textile industry in West Yorkshire and current mills and their workers.  The
event begins with a rousing overture, *A Peterloo Parade*, composed from
contemporary and historical chants heard at people's rallies, especially
those at St Peter’s Square, Manchester in 1819.   The second piece, *My
Mill Life, *features award-winning violinist Andy Long accompanying
pre-recorded monologues from mill workers in West Yorkshire textile
industry telling stories of their lives and communities.  The tribute's
third piece is *A Day in the Life *for violin and orchestra which follows a
typical day in the life of Robert Blincoe, a 19th century child worker in
the historic Northern textile industry.  We are using the sounds and
rhythms of the machinery used in mills today to narrate the boy’s daily
life.

The dates and venues of the concerts which start at 7:30pm are:

            3rd May - Morley Town Hall (World Premiere)

            5th May - Saltaire Victoria Hall, Shipley

            11th May - Pudsey Civic Hall

            25th May - Bradford Cathedral

Should you desire to purchase tickets, please visit:

www.ticketsource.co.uk/a-day-in-the-life

If you have any questions, please contact us at  [log in to unmask]  or on
mobile number 07947 210 182.

Sincerely yours,
Kevin Malone & Liam Grogan
www.adayinthelife.info