Dear Colleagues

As a result of successful Road Shows Birmingham Quality has been asked to increase its repertoire of our specimen Exchange Schemes. We are interested to see how many labs measure Hydroxychloroquine.

The Birmingham Quality Specimen Exchange Schemes are organised through ourselves with a guaranteed frequency and turnaround times with data presentation in the familiar Birmingham Quality house style, which will be easy to interpret

These schemes are an alternative to laboratories organising their own specimen exchange schemes, which can often fall down due to various factors such as time constraints which lead to irregular distributions and an inconsistent approach. We can take all the routine organisation of these schemes away from you.

These schemes in the pilot phase are currently free of charge; this may change in the future.

Being a participant in the Specimen exchange scheme you have to abide by two rules.

1.      The first rule of specimen exchange is that you have to provide (useful) material for the analyte/service for which you wish to participate

2.      The second rule of specimen exchange is that you do talk about specimen exchange, speak to other labs in your local sample exchange.

Please let us know if you are interested in joining this scheme and if you would be willing to donate remnant clinical material for distribution in this scheme.

We would also be interested in knowing of any other analytes you may wish to have as an exchange scheme.

Kind regards

Ms. Anne Lee
Scheme Scientist - NEQAS

Tel:

 +44 (0) 121 414 7300

Email:

Web:

 http://www.uhb.nhs.uk

NEQAS (Birmingham Quality) - University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
East Wing, Institute of Research and Development, Birmingham Research Park, Vincent Drive,
Birmingham, B15 2SQ

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual who posts and they are solely responsible for all message content. The ACB does not monitor posts. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/