Dear Colleagues,

My colleagues in our Wellington NZ laboratory are looking to employ a locum Chemical Pathologist (with a view to a substantive appointment for the right candidate).  Please contact Dr Richard Steele (email address at the end of the advert) if you are interested in working in the world’s coolest little capital city!

Kind regards

Geoff Smith

CHEMICAL PATHOLOGISTS – LOCUM – WELLINGTON, NZ

Southern Community Laboratories is seeking a locum Chemical Pathologist starting immediately for a six-month term to fill a vacancy in our Wellington Laboratory. There is the potential of a long-term appointment.

Southern Community Laboratories is the sole provider of pathology services to primary care and the hospital sector the Wellington region.  We have laboratories based in Dunedin, Christchurch, and Wellington.

The Chemical Pathologists provide clinical leadership for a wide-range of testing.  The roles includes laboratory leadership and directing of testing, review and validation of methods, oversight of result reporting,  liaison with referring practitioners,  review of internal quality control and external quality assurance schemes, and under- and post-graduate education.  There will be a requirement to participate in an out-of-hours roster.

New Zealand is a highly desirable place to live with a stable economy, temperate climate, and well-run health system.  The natural landscape is spectacular, and lifestyle is important.  There are countless opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, cycling, skiing, sailing, and surfing.

The successful applicant will be a medical practitioner, registered or eligible for registration with the New Zealand Medical Council as a chemical pathologist. Being a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia is desirable.  They will also be highly motivated, able to develop strong working relationships with laboratory staff and clinicians, and capable of working with a supportive and dynamic team.

For further details, please send your curriculum vitae to Dr Richard Steele  ([log in to unmask]).

Applications close 31st May 2019.

Chemical Pathologist

Southern Community Laboratories

3rd Floor Clinical Services Building

Dunedin Hospital

Great King Street

DUNEDIN

New Zealand 9016

T: +64 3 470 2921

M: +64 275 545 262

F: +64 3 470 2992

E: [log in to unmask]

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual who posts and they are solely responsible for all message content. The ACB does not monitor posts. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/