From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Lizzie Wright
Sent: 06 February 2019 15:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] Domestic Cattle mandibular m1/m2 differentation.

Dear Jake,

In my experience the separation of loose cattle M1s and 2s (e.g. using biometry) is not very easy, although I know that Gill Jones outlines a method in this report (I`m sorry I don`t have a copy!):

Jones, G. G. 2007. Variations of mandibular tooth accessory pillars, and metrical and morphological differences between M1 and M2, in the cattle associated with the chariot burial. Appendix 11, pp.615-625 in Bates, A., Jones, G. G. and Orton, D. C. 2007. Animal Bone from Site D Ferry Fryston, pp. 148-150, 326-337, 337-351, Appendix 11pp.618-635 in Brown, F. C., Howard-Davis, C., Brennand, M., Boyle, A., Evans, T., O'Connor, S., Spence, A., Heawood, R., and Lupton, A. The Archaeology of the A1 (M) Darrington to Dishforth DBFO Road Scheme. Lancaster Imprints.

Best,

Lizzie