Dear colleagues,

I wanted to make you aware of two postdoctoral positions (3 years) at Charité Berlin and TU Berlin in my research group in collaboration with Jörg Raisch and Henning Sprekeler.

This project will study how architectural design principles affect performance of an intelligent system. We will focus on the tradeoff between modularity and integration and compare this between a biological system (the human brain) and a synthetic system (a computational model). A key question is how the modularity of a cognitive system can be optimized for the tasks they have to solve. The project comprises two postdoctoral research positions, which focus on graph-theoretical analyses of functional connectivity of the brain, and the development of control-theoretic methods for optimizing visual network models, respectively. The postdocs will work in the new Cluster of Excellence "Science of Intelligence" and will have access to computational facilities at the Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience and to neuroimaging facilities at the Berlin Center for Advanced Neuroimaging.

For full formal details and for application please see:

  https://scioi.softgarden.io/job/3421399?l=en

Deadline is 15. February 2019.

With best wishes,
John-Dylan Haynes