Dear professor John Ashburner,
Thank you for your reply and instructions! I think we have these main questions:
Is SPM12 able to segment the rat brain tissue after adapting the batch parameters? My impression is that the tissue a priori map in SPM12 is a 6-diamention TPM, and how can we get the TPM for rat? Besides, bet process may be another challenge with SPM12, How can we sucessfully remove the non-brain tissues(muscle,skull...)?
SPM5 is indeed too old and is no longer compatible with the MATLAB(version after 2014). I will try to replace the SPM5 files with the method your suggested.Thank you again for your help and look forward to your answer!
Respectfully yours,
Ying Liu
Department of Radiology; Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University;
Wuhan University;  Wuchang District, Wuhan City, 430071; Hubei Province, China.