From: Paolo Viscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 1:32 PM
Subject: Fwd: CITES and UK leaving the EU without a withdrawal deal
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Hello all,

NatSCA and various other interested parties have been in feeding into Defra on the issue of moving items affected by CITES legislation over borders following Brexit, with particular emphasis on what happens in the case of "no deal".

The current understanding of the situation is reported below - please can you make this information known to your members, as it will have a huge impact on the ability to lend, borrow and acquire materials containing tropical woods and animal parts (including ivory, bone and skins) from Europe and overseas.

I would like to thank Clare Brown for her work on this - she will also be doing an update about the situation at the NatSCA conference in Dublin on May 2nd or 3rd (TBC).

Many thanks,

Paolo