This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Thanks Andrew,

This is really interesting to see.

Rachel

From: Social History Curators Group email list <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Andrew Tucker
Sent: 13 February 2019 17:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Loan agreements for used objects

This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Well any loan we have is free to be taken back by the owner, so we don’t have a separate agreement for that. What we do like to have is a reasonable amount of forewarning so we can get it out and get the exit forms prepared and condition reports reviewed, as well as an expectation that the owner will turn up during opening hours to collect. We do have a section in the forms clearing pointing out that we will say “No” if the owner turns up at ten to five with no warning.

I’ve attached our standard loan agreement, the “Temporary Removal” section is what you need to look at.

Andrew Tucker

Assistant Curator

Library and Museum of Freemasonry

Freemasons' Hall, 60 Great Queen Street, London WC2B 5AZ

Tel: 020 7395 9265

Web: freemasonry.london.museum

Shop: Letchworth’s

Follow: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter