PLEASE NOTE: When you click 'Reply' to any message it will be sent to all RAMESES List members. If you only want to reply to the sender please remove [log in to unmask] from the 'To:' section of your email.

Good morning/afternoon/evening Ramesesians.

I am working with colleagues to conduct a realist review to examine how (and why) investing in different core functions of primary care services/systems (e.g. care coordination, first contact care, continuity of care) may lead to economic impacts or savings, from a health system perspective.

Due to resource limitations, we are currently planning to conduct a ‘Realist Review of Reviews’ (or a Realist ‘Umbrella Review’). Is this too hopeful?  Given that, to be useful, realist reviews generally rely on synthesising more conceptually rich sources like primary qualitative research studies?  So …

Q1. Does anyone know of any examples of realist reviews of reviews?  Or any reviews of reviews that aimed to identify and/or develop programme theory?

Many thanks,

Rob

Rob Anderson
Associate Professor of Health Services and Implementation Research

Director of ESMI research group

Programme Director of MSc in Applied Health Services Research

+44 (0)1392 726085

ESMI, South Cloisters, St. Luke’s campus